Which are the advantages of having a Dental Bridge?
Affordable: Compared to dental implant cost, bridges are very affordable, especially when many teeth need to be replaced.
Quick: Dental bridges are usually finished in two visits, whereas dental implants take up to six months to be completed.
Improved Appearance: Dental bridges will not only fill in any missing teeth you have, they will also give you a smile that looks and feels as natural as your original teeth.
Prevents Further Problems: By having a dental bridge procedure done, you will prevent the possibility of developing TMJ Disorders, bone loss, periodontal disease, and unwanted teeth movement.
Which are the disadvantages compare vs. Dental Implants
- Dental implants are made of titanium.
- Titanium is stronger that the roots of natural teeth.
- Implants also don’t get cavities or dental decay.
- Bridges are more difficult to floss under and in bertween because they are connected to multiple teeth.
- Dental bridges are connected to multiple teeth, if something happens to one tooth, it affects all teeth connected to that bridge
- Natural teeth have to be grind to hold the dental bridge
And what about the types of Dental Bridges?
Cantilever Bridge: When there are only teeth on one side of the missing tooth, cantilever bridge will be used. The pontics are fused to crowns that connect to the patient's natural teeth on one side only.